If you have a vision of improvements to your restaurant, you are in the majority. Even the large chains conduct periodic renovations and consider them as an essential investment to attract new customers. Let's look at some ideas here.
- To add interest to large blocks of wall space, consider bookshelves with a chambered edge (with the theme of soft corners). You can add context to the shelves with black and white photos of your town's history.
- Defining spaces with landscaping and planters and adding torches or fire pits for ambience are certainly breathtaking design elements.
- Efficient ceiling fans and a simple sound system are also good investments.
- You can update your bathroom's look with new mirrors, decorative lights and modern faucets.
- Bold, colorful shades are good accent wall paint colors because they accentuate a space without overpowering it.
- Outside your restaurant, use landscaping and exterior lighting to dramatically change appearance.
- Inside the restaurant try replacing incandescent bulbs with LED, and install energy curtains in freezer rooms to go green.
- Lighting design plays a crucial role in setting the tone of your restaurant, and your restaurant's unique atmosphere can influence whether or not your customers return.
Focus on Ambiance
The ambiance of your site can mean the difference between success and failure. Customers want to do business in a place that's warm and inviting, not a place that's cold. This applies especially to restaurants - the ambiance can affect every aspect of the operation, including how patrons rate the food.